Another delicious and yummy vegan dinner recipe for you! We eat with our eyes first, so making a dish elastically beautiful is important on this journey. We don’t want to eat anything that looks blah, burnt or just not pleasing. So, bright or a mixture of colors will help we do and this dish is definitely a pretty one. The best part, though, it’s just as yummy as it is beautiful! Enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think!
21 Day Fix Asian Garlic Tofu with Rice
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 lb extra firm cubed tofu (or whole brick and you cube it)
- 5 green onions
- 3 cups green beans
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- In a casserole dish, mix the hoisin sauce, liquid aminos.
- Press cubed tofu pieces between towels to remove excess moisture.
- Add tofu to the sauce, stir up and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Slice green onions.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Spread the tofu out in one layer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir tofu around and cook another 2 minutes. Then stir again, add green beans, and cook for 2 final minutes.
- Serve over 1/2 cup rice and sprinkle with green onions.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents:
Red: 1 (tofu)
Green: 1 (green beans)
Yellow: 1 (brown rice)
free: garlic, liquid aminos, hoisin sauce, green onions