This 21 Day Fix Slow Cooker Recipe is a home run!
We are all really busy individuals that have a lot more responsibilities than we have time to accomplish them on most days. I would love to share more recipes with you so you can NOT chooose fast food as an option and make healthy figure friendly meals at home.
The slow cooker is your answer!
You will have to do minimal work before you head out the door but the aroma that will meet you at the door as you return will have you not only satisfied that dinner is done but you can be assured that you are eating something that is good for you and your family.
I picked this dish to feature on my blog because it’s Tuesday and it’s dubbed Taco Tuesday, so here is a Mexican Dish for “Taco Tuesday” to satisfy the cravings of the usually fatty Mexican dishes and make you realize you can eat something that you crave and find it good for you!
Let me know how you like it!
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Serves: 10 servings, about 1 cup each
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and deveined, finely chopped
- 1 lb. raw ground chicken breast
- 1½ cups dry farro, rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes), no salt added
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10-oz.) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cup shredded jack (or cheddar or Mexican blend) cheese
- 3 medium green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add garlic and jalapenos; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until jalapenos are soft.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place chicken mixture, farro, beans, corn, tomatoes, water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, cumin, and coriander in a 3-quart slow cooker; mix well and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours, or until liquid has been absorbed, and farro is tender.
- Remove lid and stir mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add cheese; mix well. Cover until cheese has melted.
- Top with green onions and cilantro; serve.
1 Green, 1/2 Red, 2 Yellow, and 1/2 Blue
*Recipe and picture taken from the Beachbody Website