Included in the Insanity Workout are the following:
- • 10 Workout DVD’s:
- 1. Dig Deeper & Fit Test – To start, Shaun will put your body to the test and see what you’re made of.
- 2. Plyometric Cardio Circuit – Burn fat with intervals of intense lower-body plyometrics and sweat-inducing cardio.
- 3. Cardio Power & Resistance – Build lean muscle and upper-body definition with strength-training and power moves.
- 4. Cardio Recovery & Max Recovery – Shaun goes easier on you once a week so you’re ready for the next round.
- 5. Pure Cardio & Abs – Skip the intervals—this nonstop cardio workout is all extreme.
- 6. Cardio Abs – Do explosive intervals of cardio and core moves for rock-hard abs.
- 7. Core Cardio & Balance – Take a break after one month and gear up for month two with this workout.
- 8. Max Interval Circuit – The interval circuit that’s more intense than anything you’ve ever done before.
- 9. Max Interval Plyo – Push your legs until they beg for mercy with power and plyo, all at your MAX.
- 10. Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs – Get pushed to your limit with this extreme cardio workout.
- • Elite Nutrition Plan – designed to fuel your body for these intense workouts.
- • Insane Fitness Guide – short and to the point. It’s just the information you need. We want you working—not reading.
- • Insanity Calendar – organized into month one and month one to track your progress, set workout goals, and keep you motivated. Plus, the Fit Test Tracker tracks your results as you watch your body transform before your eyes.
- • Free Online Support Tools – stay motivated with round-the-clock access to fitness experts and peer support.
The Insanity Workout is so effective because of its unique approach to the typical workout routine. Also known as MAX Interval Training, Shaun successfully redesigns the entire concept of interval training. With Insanity, you exercise at your maximum intensity for long periods of time—you can do this all within the comfort of your own home, too. As insane as this workout is, it is guaranteed to help you burn as many calories as possible as fast as possible.
No additional fitness equipment is needed for the Insanity Workout. Your body provides all of the resistance you need to complete the program. What you will need, however, is a TV and DVD player placed in a room with ample space to move around in.
Nutrition is an extremely important part of the Insanity Workout Program. Included in the program is a nutrition guide that is separated by months one and two, which both work in a collaborative and collective effort to having your body properly nourished for the workouts. Proper nourishment is key because this workout will take a lot out of you physically. Nutrients provide your body with the fuel it needs to sustain appropriate energy levels to keep up with the workout. Furthermore, your metabolism will certainly increase from month one to month two, so following the specifically designed nutrition plans that correspond to the given month is very much conducive to your success with the program.
- 1. Private – Are you the type of person that doesn’t like to go to the gym and workout in front of people? Perfect. The entirety of the Insanity Workout can all be done from home.
- 2. Concise – The Insanity Workout is broken up into hour-long segments, so you don’t have to spend hours on end working out to achieve the results that you desire.
- 3. Stimulating – This workout is taxing. It will certainly stretch your limits and capabilities, so you definitely don’t have to worry about being challenged.
- 1. Length – This workout is not one that requires a long amount of time, so if you’re someone that likes to spend hours on end workout out, you might want to consider complimenting Insanity with other activities and/or sports.
- 2. No weights – Have a bunch of weights lying around that you hoped you use with Insanity? Sorry. The good thing is you won’t need them, and by the end of the workout you’ll be glad you never used them.
Personal Review: I personally recommend the Insanity Workout to anyone and everyone that might be looking to get in shape with a complete program. After day one you’ll feel the burn, and as the days and weeks start to by you can see the results. One of my favorite aspects about the program is its design, given that you can go an hour of intense, extreme, insane workouts and after that you’re done for the day and can go about the remainder of it in whichever way you please. Another unique and beneficial aspect of the program is that it’s not another pack of workout DVD’s and that’s it. The program is designed to help you go through it step by step, from the nutrition guide to the progress calendar to the support you’ll need along the way. It’s not a “cookie cutter,” out-of-the-box program that leaves everything up to you. Insanity is a program that will help you to feel healthier and stronger than ever before—you just have to try it and find out.