Included in the P90X Workout are the following:
- • 12 Workout DVD’s:
- 1. Chest and Back – Chest and back is push and pull to the extreme. There are plenty of variations on classic exercises to ensure that you will get a complete upper body workout.
- 2. Plyometrics – Plyometrics means jump training. There are over 30 jumping exercises with this beauty, so I hope you are ready to give it your all.
- 3. Shoulders & Arms – An explosive combination of curling, pressing, and fly movements used to build body-defining muscle.
- 4. Yoga X – Exercise your balance, breath work, strength, and flexibility to energize your body while bringing peace to your mind.
- 5. Legs & Back – Get ready to squat, lunch, and pull during this series of P90X workouts. Designed for both the lower and upper body, you will strengthen and develop your glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves.
- 6. Kenpo X – Kenpo means “law of the fist,” and that’s exactly what you’ll be throwing during this cardio-intense workout… That and a whole bunch of kicks, elbows, knees, and forearms!
- 7. X Stretch – Keeping limber and loose is vital to the success of any fitness program, especially for P90X. This stretching routine will minimize the potential for injury and keep you at the top of your game.
- 8. Core Synergistics – Condition your body while strengthening necessary muscle groups to support your core.
- 9. Chest, Shoulders & Triceps – Crush your body’s limits by targeting both small and large muscle groups.
- 10. Back & Biceps – Tone your newly improved biceps with muscle tightening exercises.
- 11. Cardio X – You will leave feeling energized after this low-impact cardio workout.
- 12. Ab Ripper X – Create the six-pack you’ve always dreamed of having with the help of this P90X favorite.
- • P90X 3 Phase Nutrition Guide – You are what you eat and the 3 phase nutrition plan will help you make all the right choices. This is not a quick print out; it’s a 114 page nutritional bible full of recipes, tips, and everything you need to know about the right food choices. You will probably use what you learn here for the rest of your life!
- • P90X Workout Calendar – The P90X Workout Calendar will map out the next 90 days for you. It will include all the required phases and workout schedule in an easy to understand format.
The ley to P90X is an idea called “muscle confusion.” Similar to the concept of periodization that athletes use to get in top shape, muscle confusion is the idea of continually alternating your schedule so that your body never quite adjusts. The program is designed in a circuit format, which is essentially structured around the idea of doing one exercise after another with little rest in between. P90X targets nearly every part of your body, which is what gives you the full body transformation you’re probably looking for. When combined with the muscle confusion technique, the variations in exercises that your body will endure will ultimately be what promotes a stronger, healthier you.
Tony Horton has put together 12 different workouts that can be easily done at home with minimal use of additional equipment. The P90X workout will take you through a 90-day program to get a lean and ripped body. To maximize results Tony recommends the following equipment:
- • The P90X Chin Up Bar / Pull Up Bar
- • The P90X Chin-Up Bar / Pull Up is pro grade and as tough as your P90X workout. A must have for your back and shoulder routines.
- • The Black Mat by Manduka: The perfect Plyometrics and Yoga Mat to minimize the impact of strenuous workouts.
- • B-Line Resistance Bands: The most effective way to add resistance to any workout, including P90X. These B-Lines Resistance Bands are high quality and durable.
Nutrition is an extremely important part of the Insanity Workout Program. Included in the program is a nutrition guide that is separated by months one and two, which both work in a collaborative and collective effort to having your body properly nourished for the workouts. Proper nourishment is key because this workout will take a lot out of you physically. Nutrients provide your body with the fuel it needs to sustain appropriate energy levels to keep up with the workout. Furthermore, your metabolism will certainly increase day one to day 90, so following the specifically designed nutrition plans that correspond to the given month is very much conducive to your success with the program.
- 1. Stimulating – This workout is taxing. It will certainly stretch your limits and capabilities, so you definitely don’t have to worry about being challenged.
- 2. Private – Are you the type of person that doesn’t like to go to the gym and workout in front of people? Perfect. The entirety of the P90X Workout can all be done from home.
- 3. Great Workout – The P90X program is really one like no other. It is challenging, fun, and an overall great experience for all.
- 1. Challenging – If you’re not in good physical condition, P90X may not be the place to start. While it’s not intended for those that have physical limitations or are obese, there are certainly alternatives to explore that Beachbody offers.
- 2. Not for Muscle Mass – As challenging as it is, P90X is not solely for the purpose of gaining mass. It is primarily an all around workout that caters not only to muscle mass, but also muscle tone, endurance and overall cardio fitness.
Personal Review: If you’re in decent physical shape and are looking for something to push you and enable you to realize what you’re fully capable of, go for P90X. Its design and approach is one that is very challenging but offers the best possible results. It is a challenge worth taking because of the transformation that it renders its participants. It is not for those that like to give up easily or get easily distracted. You have to have the will and determination to let 90 days of grueling workouts transform your body and your life.